Benefits and market opportunity
Testofen® is a fenugreek extract standardized for 50% Fenuside™.
Fenugreek contains over 100 phytochemical constituents, including Furostanol Saponins and Steroidal Saponins, and has multiple health applications. However, Testofen is a unique extract of fenugreek standardized to a proprietary matrix of saponin glycosides that Gencor has named Fenuside. These constituents in Testofen can support healthy sexual desire and vitality*, muscle mass, and free testosterone levels in men.
Supplementing diets with products containing Testofen, and regular resistance exercise, can help men maintain healthy levels of free testosterone that are already within the normal range, which, in turn, supports multiple bodily functions.
Incorporate Testofen in product formulations designed to support healthy sexual function and performance in adult males.*
Both animal and human clinical studies have been conducted on Testofen®.
Study results: The 2010 study of Testofen on the reproductive systems of rats demonstrated that Testofen supported an increase in the weight of the ani-levator muscle, which led to support for muscle mass and body weight.*
Citation: Urmila Aswar et.al, 2010. Effect of Furostanol Glycosides from Trigonella foenum –graecum on the reproductive system of Male Albino Rats. Phytotherapy Research, 24, 1482–1488.
Human study on adult male sexual desire
Study result: A six-week double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled clinical study was conducted in Australia in 2009 on 60 healthy adult males. A formulation containing Testofen as a major ingredient showed a statistically significant increase in the sexual function, performance and satisfaction of the active group.* Study used the DISF-SR index. In addition, the study also found self-reported satisfaction in quality of life measures such as perceived muscle strength, energy levels, and well-being, although these were not analyzed for significance.*
Citation: Steels, E., Rao, A. and Vitetta, L., 2011. Physiological Aspects of Male Libido Enhanced by Standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum Extract and Mineral Formulation. Phytotherapy Research, Vol. 25, 1294–1300. doi: 10.1002/ptr.3360
Human study on free testosterone and performance*
Study Results: A double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled human clinical study of 60 subjects was conducted using Testofen as the sole ingredient. The active group demonstrated the following mainly statistically significant results:
- Significant anabolic activity as evidenced by BUN reduction (p<0.05) compared to placebo*
- Significant support for free testosterone (p<0.05) compared to placebo group*
- Immune support (p<0.003) compared to placebo group*
- Significant support for Serum Creatinine levels (p<0.02) compared to placebo group signifying support for Creatine uptake and recycling in muscle cells*
- Significant support for prolactin (p<0.04) compared to placebo group, however, this increase is within physiological limits for men*
- Significant decrease in body fat compared to baseline*
- Supports maintenance of muscle size despite maintaining overall weight and reduction of body fat* (although not significant)
Citation: Wankhede et. al., 2006 “Effect of Testofen on safety, anabolic activity and factors affecting exercise physiology.”
Approved health claims
The following structure-function claims for Testofen® are provided here for informational purposes only and should be reviewed by your legal counsel prior to use in marketing materials, including product labels.
- Supports healthy levels of free testosterone*
- Promotes sexual desire and vitality*
- Reduces recovery time following sexual activity*
- Supports muscle mass*
- Promotes healthy energy levels*